Pumpkin, there are different kinds, colors and sizes.
If you buyportioned, it shows in its firm texture, smooth crust, in good condition, without fungi, bruises, or soft parts.
Orange pulp, no fungus or darker, moister parts.
-If it is whole it must have firm texture, smooth shell, without soft parts or blows. When you go to buy the product in the supermarket, we recommend:
- Observe that the display site is clean and adequately refrigerated.
- Choose the products, preferably in this order: vegetables, fruits, eggs, cheeses and dairy in general, after the products of pantry, but before the meats, poultry, fish and shellfish.
- When you reach your destination refrigerate, so that the “cold chain” of the same is not interrupted.
It always boils. It is used for creams, soups, stews, stews, cakes, desserts and garnishes in general.
If it has been purchased whole or Porcionada, it is advised before storing the pumpkin,
- Cut into large chunks to be able to split better.
- Whitening (short cooking, for 3-5 minutes in boiling water with salt).
- Allow to cool and pack for portions in plastic bag and
-If you prefer it can be stored whole and raw, simply refrigerated without bag.
-If it is split, clean and dry its crust, wrap on paper film (Vinipel) and refrigerate by placing it facedown, so that its moisture does not rot.
1 month or more. 8 -10 days approx.
Always place facedown to store inside the refrigerator, thus lengthening its “service life.
-in food preparations for infants and toddlers, frozen foods are not advisable, except meats (raw) and they should always be offered freshly made food, using very fresh ingredients.
-The squash, it is advisable not to freeze raw, because it alters its taste, smell and texture.
Nutrients and properties:
Contribution of Carotenes. (See nutrient content and its benefits in vegetables).
Periodically check the condition of the product, its storage and conservation, to be able to consume it in time.
can pumpkin be frozen?
Yes Cut into large chunks to be able to split better.
Whitening (short cooking, for 3-5 minutes in boiling water with salt).
Allow to cool and pack for portions in plastic bag and