Potato is a very desired tuber in the whole world. There are many classes and according to you are its characteristics: shape (round or oval, among many others). Color, texture and flavor. And also for various uses and types of cooking.
It is observed in its firm non-soft texture, which does not have sprouts of roots, nor dark and soft spots. Characteristic Color of each class. When you go to buy the product in the supermarket, we recommend:
- Observe that the display site is clean and adequately refrigerated.
- Choose the products, preferably in this order: vegetables, fruits, eggs, cheeses and dairy in general, after the products of pantry, but before the meats, poultry, fish and shellfish.
- When you reach your destination refrigerate, so that the “cold chain” of the same is not interrupted.
Store out of the fridge, always clean and dry in a cool, dry place, without bag and preferably in a metal basket. In warm climates refrigerate without bag in the crisper.
About 1 month or more.
-You can freeze pre-fried when they are French. -It is advisable not to freeze cooked because they are sandy. -Raw, only if they are for later uses in soups or purées, although they become dark.
Nutrients and properties:
(See nutrient content and its benefits in vegetables). Note: Never store dirt or damp.
- Wash and dry as much as possible with a cloth and leave in an aerated place until they dry completely.
- Store in a ventilated and dry place, not in covered containers, so that they do not taste like dirt or germinate and rot.
Periodically check the status of the product to be able to consume it in time.