The PIMENTO, is a fruit vegetable because it has seeds inside. Its colors are varied: there are red, red, green, yellow wine. They taste a little sweet. It is also marketed in powder, paprika (spices). (see spices).
It can be noticed in the firm texture, smooth, shiny skin without roughness or soft or brown parts.
When you go to buy the fresh product in the supermarket, we recommend:
- Observe that the display site is clean and adequately refrigerated.
- Choose the products, preferably in this order: vegetables, fruits, eggs, cheeses and dairy in general, after the products of pantry, but before the meats, poultry, fish and shellfish.
- When you reach your destination refrigerate, so that the “cold chain” of the same is not interrupted.
The pimento is used as a condiment for puchos dishes, such as “La Paella”, “Arroz a la Valenciana”, rice with chicken. As an ingredient in Chinese vegetables, salads. As a garnish, stuffed and au gratin, among others.
The peppers (peppers), whole, clean and dry, are kept refrigerated in “the Crisper” without bag (loose) or in plastic mesh. Even after party place facedown on a kitchen absorbent paper (dry) in container uncovered or loose in the “crisper” is much better preserved. Not on the fridge door. Never in covered container, because they rot quickly. The duration depends on its freshness at the time of the purchase. Refrigerated, 10 days without being portioning and if it is maximum 5 days.
5-10 days, approx. Tips: Match, its duration will be higher if you store it facedown in a container preferably of plastic without lid and with absorbent paper of kitchen (dry) in the bottom of this.
- Refrigerate in the “vegetable drawer” of the refrigerator.
- Do not freeze crude, unless it is for stews, because it alters its texture and even its flavor.
Nutrients and properties:
(See nutrient content and its benefits in vegetables). Note: Periodically check the status of the product to be able to consume it in time.