(from French champignon) can refer to: The fruiting body of the mushroom Agaricus bisporus. Also called common mushroom or Paris mushroom. This fungus is the most cultivated.
Freshness of the MUSHROOM
It is observed in its firm texture and without viscosity, light color. No bad smell When going to buy the mushrooms or any edible fungus in the supermarket, it is advised:
- Observe the exhibition site, be clean and adequately refrigerated.
- Choose the products, preferably in this order: Vegetables, fruits, eggs, cheeses and dairy products in general, after the products of the pantry, but before the meat, poultry, fish and seafood.
- When you reach your destination, refrigerate so that you do not interrupt “the cold chain” of it.
Uses of the MUSHROOM
- The raw mushroom is used in salads with vinaigrettes and dressings.
- Sauteed in sauces for meats, garnishes, creams and soups.
- As an ingredient with sautéed vegetables “oriental type”, cakes, pizzas and rice dishes. Also in tortillas, soufflés and stews, among many other preparations, because the mushroom is the most versatile ingredients in the kitchen for salty preparations.
- When storing the mushrooms, they are placed clean and dry in a container preferably of uncovered plastic (so that they do not get wet and ferment), with kitchen absorbent paper (dry) in the bottom of the same and another on them. Refrigerate.
- Remove them from the tray or bag in which they come.
- Shake off any dirt they have, but without washing them. This can be done with a brush.
- Its duration also depends on the freshness at the time of purchase.
- So it is advised to do with any kind of mushrooms or mushrooms.
- You can also saute in low fat (vegetable oil and / or butter), let cool and then refrigerate in the coldest place in the refrigerator or freeze.
Fridge Box For Vegetables
Duration of the Champiñon:
Eight (8) days approximately. 1 month or more
- Remember that, for raw mushrooms, DO NOT COVER THE CONTAINER WITH YOUR COVER, only with kitchen absorbent paper (dry) or leave it in a Styrofoam tray or unicel (the purchase) covered with vinyl or film.
- Do not leave in plastic bag.
- You can also sauté (short cooking in low fat), let cool and freeze in plastic bags in portions (amounts that are usually used in a preparation).
Nutrients and Properties of Champiñon:
FUNGI, MUSHROOMS OR CALLAMPES: They are rich in protein and large amount of nutrients as well as other edible mushrooms. (See CONTENT OF NUTRIENTS and their benefits in LOS VEGETALES).
- Do not freeze without sautéing, because their texture and flavor are damaged because they are like a sponge that absorb too much moisture.
- Periodically review the status of the product, to be able to consume it on time.