The cucumber for filling or lady’s slipper is a green fruit vegetable with rough and dark seeds. Its shape is elongated and hollow inside.
It is seen in its firm texture, with no soft parts, no brown spots. Intense Green Color. When you go to buy the product in the supermarket, we recommend:
- Observe that the display site is clean and adequately refrigerated.
- Choose the products, preferably in this order: vegetables, fruits, eggs, cheeses and dairy in general, after the products of pantry, but before the meats, poultry, fish and shellfish.
- When you reach your destination refrigerate, so that the “cold chain” of the same is not interrupted.
- Usually it is consumed cooked (after removing the seeds) with sauces, as garnish.
- Stuffed with meat and an additional sauce, or au gratin, as a strong dish, accompanied by white rice or salads.
- It is used as an ingredient for salads with vinaigrettes or dressings and in pickles (canned).
The cucumber for filling, is refrigerated in perforated plastic bag, or vegetable box with kitchen paper (dry) inside and placed in a not so cold place in the fridge. -It should be consumed soon, because its “useful life” is very short. -its duration is approximately 8 days and depending on the degree of freshness at the time of purchase.
5 days approx.
-When you arrive with the market and begin to organize it, this vegetable can go whitening, cools and refrigerates, so that it is ready and use it soon in a menu, in the desired preparation. -Consuming soon.
Nutrients and properties:
(See nutrient content and its benefits in vegetables). Note: Prepare as soon as possible, as its “useful life” is short. Periodically check the condition of the product in order to be able to consume it in time.