The carrot, it’s a root vegetable.
It will look in its intense orange color, as the pale orange color usually shows an insipid taste.
- There are also purple, pink and white.
- Firm texture (not soft because it is old), without brown spots or wrinkles.
- They are on the market, fresh, frozen, canned, canned and packaged.
The oranges are of various kinds: Chantenay, Danvers, flakes, Imperator, Nantes, round.
When you go to buy the product in the supermarket, we recommend:
- Observe that the display site is clean and adequately refrigerated.
- Choose the products, preferably in this order: vegetables, fruits, eggs, cheeses and dairy in general, after the products of pantry, but before the meats, poultry, fish and shellfish.
- When you reach your destination refrigerate, so that the “cold chain” of the same is not interrupted.
Raw in salads and juices. Cooked in salads, stews, soups, creams, sauces, cakes, biscuits, cup cake and many other preparations.
- The carrot can be stored whole, refrigerated in perforated plastic bag or loose in the “vegetable drawer” in the refrigerator.
- It can also be cut according to the uses to be given and separated into plastic bags depending on the cuts and stored in the freezer.
- Its refrigerated duration, 10 – 12 days or more, following suggestions and depending on its freshness at the time of purchase. Frozen, 2 months or more.
10-12 days. 2 months depending on the case.
Nutrients and properties:
Rich in beta-carotene. (See nutrients and benefits in vegetables). Note: Your cooking must be steamed on a metal grille or bamboo kettle to better preserve your nutrients, flavor and color.
- Check often to remove any that is in bad condition and can damage the others.