The rocket or arugula, is a thin and narrow leaf vegetable, dark green, elongated with peaks on the edges and long and slender stem, rocket is not a vegetable any, is really special, not only for its peculiar and pleasant flavor, but for its great Ventaj As for our organism
It will be seen in the intense green color of its leaves and the firmness of these and its stalks. When you go to buy the product in the supermarket, we recommend:
- Observe that the display site is clean and adequately refrigerated.
- Choose the products, preferably in this order: vegetables, fruits, eggs, cheeses and dairy in general, after the products of pantry, but before the meats, poultry, fish and shellfish.
- When you reach your destination refrigerate, so that the “cold chain” of the same is not interrupted.
Arugula is used raw in salads with vinaigrettes and dressings. It is of a rare and delicious taste.
- In Styrofoam and vinyl paper or preferably plastic container, with lid and with absorbent paper (dry) inside.
- Keep refrigerated in the vegetable drawer or at the bottom and front of the refrigerator, not the bottom, because it is very cold and burns.
- Its duration also depends on the freshness at the time of your purchase.
8-10 days approximately.
- When you use it, before recapping the storage container, dry the lid, removing excess moisture so that it does not rot, lengthening it even more “the useful life” of the vegetable.
- It should be cut by hand or with a stainless steel knife so that it does not wither.
- After chopping, place in icy water to make it crispy and brighten up the color. Drain in the hand fist or in vegetable centrifuge.
Nutrients and properties:
(See nutrient content and its properties in vegetables). Note:
- Do not freeze.
- Periodically check the status of the product in order to consume it in time.