The best PIGEONs and pigeons, are the fresh ones out of the nest. Weigh between 300-400 gr.
Your liver has no gall, for this reason you can leave it inside the animal.
When you go to buy the product to the supermarket you should take into account,
- Observe that the refrigerator where the product is being exhibited is operating properly (which is cooling).
- Observe the expiration date of the product or its expiration, which is not covered, altered, or retreaded. Choose the product with date as far as Possible.
- Check the packaging, which is in optimal condition, not in a pinched, damaged or beaten position. Neither with broken or discarded labels.
- Check that the gasket is not inflated (blown), because this indicates that the product is already decomposing.
- Buy the product at the end of the market, so that the cold chain is not interrupted.
Do not leave a lot of time exposed to heat inside the car, or outside the freezer (because its lifespan is shortened), maximum 30 minutes not to interrupt “the cold chain” of Turkey, which prevents the proliferation of bacteria that cause disease.
If possible, it must be transported in a thermal bag and away from polluting products such as cleaners, automotive oils or petrol as it absorbs these smells.
Also when you arrive at your destination, place them immediately in the refrigerator.
As a strong dish, baked roasts or skillets are prepared with different sauces or stews.
If it is consumed before 24-36 hours, it should be:
- Remove the liquid that has been released into the package.
- Place in container with lid that prevents their juices from falling on other foods and produces a “cross contamination”.
- Refrigerate in the coldest place in the refrigerator. You can marinate (season) at once.
- Otherwise, freeze, in bag for that purpose.
- Freezing will be effective as long as no pathogens are present, i.e. their freshness is evident.
- Pack by removing the air inside the bag as much as possible.
- Use a large bag that does not squeeze the contents into it.
- Use plastic bags that can be sealed preferably if it is to be frozen for a long time. If it is for a short time (up to 3 weeks) wrapped in aluminum foil, with the opaque side facing inward.
Freeze at temperatures below 0 °c (centigrade or Celsius), as the freeze keeps the microbes inactive, reducing the movement of the molecules, preventing their growth and deterioration of meat and food in general.
When defrosting the meats, the microorganisms re-activate and can multiply to cause disease, for this reason defrost in the refrigerator. Never at room temperature and less re-freeze.
Conservation: Freeze. Cool.
Duration: 6 months approx. 24-36 H. Approx.
- Take great care when handling raw poultry meat, because salmonella (a harmful and toxic micro-organism for human health) is transmitted to other foods by contact with this or used utensils and that have not been properly washed. The same way you have to wash your hands very well.
- Wash all the ingredients to be added.
- Cook at suitable temperatures.
- Separate raw food from cooked foods.
For hygiene, sanitation and to avoid contamination and possible intoxications, you should wash your hands and/or put on gloves before you begin to handle poultry meat.