The OSTRICH, is a bird originating in Australia. It is also used in some parts of South Africa, Europe and South America due to its profitability, usefulness, nutritional value and delicious taste of its meat and eggs. It’s one of the healthiest red meats.
No breast like chicken or turkey. His flesh is extracted from the thighs, back and legs.
Its taste is similar to beef.
It’s a low-calorie lean meat.
It has No fat streaks like beef.
It is of delicious flavor (sweeter) than the other meats.
It is located in the market in steaks, cubes, burgers, all top quality meats.
When you go to buy the product to the supermarket you should take into account,
- Observe that the refrigerator where the product is being exhibited is operating properly (which is cooling).
- Observe the expiration date of the product or its expiration, which is not covered, altered, or retreaded. Choose the product with date as far as Possible.
- Check the packaging, which is in optimal condition, not in a pinched, damaged or beaten position. Neither with broken or discarded labels.
- Check that the gasket is not inflated (blown), because this indicates that the product is already decomposing.
- Buy the product at the end of the market, so that the cold chain is not interrupted.
Do not leave a lot of time exposed to heat inside the car, or outside the freezer (because its lifespan is shortened), maximum 30 minutes not to interrupt “the cold chain” of Turkey, which prevents the proliferation of bacteria that cause disease.
If possible, it must be transported in a thermal bag and away from polluting products such as cleaners, automotive oils or petrol as it absorbs these smells.
Also when you arrive at your destination, place them immediately in the refrigerator.
Barbecued, grilled, stewed and sauced. It is used in the elaboration of by-products such as sausages, salami, also as a substitute for beef or veal (steaks and burgers).
Porcionada in plastic bags, freeze, about 4 months. If it is to be consumed soon, marinate and refrigerate in the coldest place of the refrigerator for approximately 2 days.
Do not place raw meat with cooked meat in the refrigerator to avoid “cross-contamination”.
Freezing will be effective as long as no pathogenic agents are present.
Pack the air out of the bag as much as possible.
Use a large bag, which does not squeeze the contents into it.
Use plastic bags that can be sealed preferably if they are to be frozen for a long time. If it is for a short time (up to 3 weeks) wrapped in aluminum foil, with the opaque side facing inward.
Freeze at temperatures below 0 °c because the freeze keeps the microbes inactive by decreasing the movement of the molecules, preventing their growth and deterioration of meat and food in general.
To defrost, you must move from the freezer to the refrigerator, never at room temperature. When thawing meats, do not re-freeze.
4 months approx. 2 days approx.
Cash them to manipulate and prepare:
- Take great care when handling raw poultry meat, because salmonella, a microorganism in it, is transmitted to other foods by contact with this meat or from used utensils and which have not been adequately washed. The same way you have to wash your hands very well.
- Wash all the ingredients to be added.
- Cook at suitable temperatures.
- Separate raw food from cooked foods.
- To know if the cooking is perfect, carve the bird with a fork, if blood comes out complete the cooking because it is still raw and is detrimental to the health and the meat can be damaged,
If a meat has been thawed, it should not be frozen again, because microorganisms have already been activated and can be toxic to health.
Wash your hands before handling any kind of meat and utensils such as knives, trays, boards, etc. should also be clean. Wash them after each process of each meat class.