Purchase of canned squid:
CANNed SQUID is a type of molluscs without shells, of gray meat and when cooked they take a pink color, especially the octopus.
CANNed SQUID have in their body elongated some bags of ink. In canned foods you can find them (dark or black), or without their ink (whites). Observe the product specifications very well.
There are different sizes and based on this is made its preparation: the small, are prepared whole, medium stuffed and large slices overflowed or fried.
Shellfish are more delicate than fish, for this reason you have to take special care when buying them.
When you go to buy canned or packed you have to take into account,
- Observe the date of expiration, expiration or expiration of the product.
That is not covered, adulterated, or blurred. Choose the product with the most distant date to its fulfillment.
- Look at the product specifications very well.
- That the can is in perfect condition, without blows, plunged and much less inflated, because this means that its content is decomposing.
- That your additional labels and gaskets are without wrinkles or waste, because this shows the degree of manipulation and the treatment they have given the product.
- If it is glass, plastic or carton (Tetra pack), it is in perfect condition, without breakages or breakdowns.
They come with or without their ink. For canapés or as a doorway. For rice and stews.
Canners and Canners in general, if not opened, are stored on shelves (pantry) at room temperature in cool, dry place.
When they are uncovered, refrigerate in a container with a lid if they are canned, and if they are packaged in glass or plastic, they can be kept in their own packaging.
Its duration at room temperature, up to the expiration date approximately. And refrigerated for approximately 3 days.
Cool. Temp. Environment.
3 days approx. Date of Bal. Approx.
Note: Always handle shellfish or any food, with clean hands and clean utensils.
Periodically check the status of the product and its expiration date to consume it on time. That your packaging has not been blown.
Do not refrigerate in the can.