Bear in mind, how much smaller the pieces of pork are, the faster the deterioration will be. It is necessary to pay special attention to the minced pork, since they can be easily contaminated given the large amount of exposed surface. On the other hand the whole parts are better preserved because the surface in contact with the air is less.
HOW TO BUY PORK MEAT
Pork Meat Quality
- First quality, it is rosy, firm, with Fat betas.
- Second quality is less juicy, darker in color.
- Third quality, usually comes from old animals, is pale, something reddish, fat and spongy and without betas.
When you go to buy the product to the supermarket you should take into account,
- Observe that the refrigerator where the product is being exhibited is operating properly (which is cooling).
- Observe the expiration date of the product or its expiration, which is not covered, altered, or retreaded. Choose the product with date as far as Possible.
- Check the packaging, which is in optimal condition, not in a pinched, damaged or beaten position. Neither with broken or discarded labels.
- Check that the gasket is not inflated (blown), because this indicates that the product is already decomposing.
- Buy the product at the end of the market, so that the cold chain is not interrupted.
PORK CHOP CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO SEE THE DIFFERENT CUTS
Do not leave a lot of time exposed to heat inside the car, or outside the freezer (because its lifespan is shortened), maximum 30 minutes not to interrupt “the cold chain” of Turkey, which prevents the proliferation of bacteria that cause disease.
If possible, it must be transported in a thermal bag and away from polluting products such as cleaners, automotive oils or petrol as it absorbs these smells.
As a strong dish or as an ingredient in countless preparations (stews, roasts, frying, baking), among others, because you can use any method of cooking. In hams, sausages, sausages, salami (pork and beef) and pork sausages in general “delicatessen” which is the butchery or site specializing in selling products and byproducts of pork in general and sometimes also dairy as cheese.
The “Piglet” is a typical dish from Colombia, delicious. The pork is stuffed with its meat, little rice and yellow dry peas, and baked until its skin is golden and crispy.
STORAGE OF PORK:
Pork must be porcionada according to the number of diners (people who eat in the house), weight per serving 125 gr. Approximately, cuts according to the preparation and packed in plastic bags, before freezing.
The suitable container for its preservation will be a container with a grate, so that the juice that it disconnects is not in contact with the meat.
- Pork pulp meat, refrigerated, 2-3 days approx. Frozen, fillet 6-12 months approximately. Chop, 4-6 months. Packages, 4-12 months.
- Refrigerated raw bacon, 5 days and frozen 1 month approximately.
- Raw sausages refrigerated, 1-2 days and frozen, 1-3 months approximately. Pre-cooked sausages, refrigerated open package, 1 week and without opening 2 weeks. Package open or closed frozen 1-3 months.
- Minced pork with or without marinade, refrigerated 1-2 days and Frozen, 3-4 months.
CONSERVATION OF PORK:
PIG MEAT DURATION:
6-12 months. 2-3 days Max.
Lean (fat free) and marinated (fresh) meats have more “shelf life”.
Before you begin to handle the meat you should wash your hands very well and confirm that all utensils and meson are clean.
After each process of handling raw meat, wash EVERYTHING that has touched the meat (hands, utensils, containers, trays, inns, etc.) with abundant water and soap and rinse thoroughly to avoid cross contamination. The hands should also be washed before starting the trade.
If the meat has been thawed, it should not be re-frozen because the microorganisms have been activated and can be toxic to the health.