Buffalo meat compared to beef. It is an intense red meat and when it is vacuum-packed and cold-ripened, it is a little darker.
It is much softer and tenderer than that of beef and its flavor is delicious. In the market it is packaged by pieces and also by portions. The quality of the meat will be appreciated in:
- Characteristic, pleasant and fresh smell.
- Vivid Red Color. Unless it is cold-ripened, it would be red wine and vacuum packed.
- Firm Texture.
- Flocked meat and no nerves.
If meat lacks these qualities, it is an old animal. Buy meat at the end of the market so that the “cold chain” of the product is not interrupted.
When you go to buy the product to the supermarket you should take into account,
- Observe that the refrigerator where the product is being exhibited is operating properly (which is cooling).
- Observe the expiration date of the product or its expiration, which is not covered, altered, or retreaded. Choose the product with date as far as Possible.
- Check the packaging, which is in optimal condition, not in a pinched, damaged or beaten position. Neither with broken or discarded labels.
- Check that the gasket is not inflated (blown), because this indicates that the product is already decomposing.
- Buy the product at the end of the market, so that the cold chain is not interrupted.
Do not leave a lot of time exposed to heat inside the car, or outside the freezer (because its lifespan is shortened), maximum 30 minutes not to interrupt “the cold chain” of Turkey, which prevents the proliferation of bacteria that cause disease.
If possible, it must be transported in a thermal bag and away from polluting products such as cleaners, automotive oils or petrol as it absorbs these smells.
Also when you arrive at your destination, place them immediately in the refrigerator.
As a strong dish or as an ingredient in countless preparations, because you can use any cooking method.
It is portioned in pieces of approximately 125 gr. This means that if you are two diners and are going to prepare three times a week, to take out six units you must buy 1 1/2 pounds of beef and pack it in two-part bags each. It will also take into account the cut according to the chosen preparations and its way of cooking (filet Mignon and Stroganoff, stew, or to the plate) and the type of meat for these cuts (Lomito, hip, flat or loin wide or sirloin, etc.). This I will be developing in the next part I will publish. Its duration:
- Frozen raw meat (fillets cutlets packages) and preferably without fat when it is going to freeze for a long time, this favors its flavor because the fat is easily aged, 4-12 months. Refrigerated raw meat, 2-3 days approx.
- Cooked frozen, approximately 3 months. Refrigerated, 2-4 days approx.
4-12 months approx. 2-3 days approx.
Let the meat mature already porcionada and packed (marinated or not), at least 2 days, in the coldest place of your refrigerator, this to improve its flavor and texture is softer and softer, then freeze.
To defrost, pass the freezer with time to the refrigerator, over a container. If you forgot to do it, don’t worry! Inside a container with water (at room temperature) place the sealed package or the edge of the bag on the outside (so that the meat is not flooded), for approximately 10 minutes inside the refrigerator and ready!
A meat that has been thawed should not be thawed again because the bacteria in it have already been activated. It is essential to wash with soap and water, anything that has touched raw meat (hands, containers, tables, inns, trays, etc.) before and after handling, even if the raw meat of another kind of animal is to be continued.
Always wash everything after each process. The meats must be bought at the end of the market, so that the “cold chain” of the product is not lost. Also when you reach your destination, place them D immediately in the refrigerator.