The LAMB MEAT is pink, its firm fat is abundant and white. It is very tender and tasty when it is in its optimum state of freshness.
When you go to buy the product to the supermarket you should take into account,
- Observe that the refrigerator where the product is being exhibited is operating properly (which is cooling).
- Observe the expiration date of the product or its expiration, which is not covered, altered, or retreaded. Choose the product with date as far as Possible.
- Check the packaging, which is in optimal condition, not in a pinched, damaged or beaten position. Neither with broken or discarded labels.
- Check that the gasket is not inflated (blown), because this indicates that the product is already decomposing.
- Buy the product at the end of the market, so that the cold chain is not interrupted.
Do not leave a lot of time exposed to heat inside the car, or outside the freezer (because its lifespan is shortened), maximum 30 minutes not to interrupt “the cold chain” of Turkey, which prevents the proliferation of bacteria that cause disease.
If possible, it must be transported in a thermal bag and away from polluting products such as cleaners, automotive oils or petrol as it absorbs these smells.
Also when you arrive at your destination, place them immediately in the refrigerator.
LAMB MEAT, The Shepherd is prepared (moored to a spit), roasted, baked, braiseded or stewed.
If it is an old animal, you have to marinate it very well to remove the flavor of Lana.
LAMB MEAT, Refrigerated raw and marinated, if it is to be consumed soon, otherwise freeze in the portions to be used for each meal, 4 months about because of its fat that is changing its flavor over time. Refrigerated cooked, approx. 4 days.
4 months approx. 2-4 days.
If the meat has been thawed, it should not be re-frozen.
It is essential to wash with soap and water, anything that has touched raw meat (hands, containers, tables, inns, trays, etc.) before and after handling, even if the raw meat of another kind of animal is to be continued.
Always wash everything after each process.
The meats must be bought at the end of the market, so that the “cold chain” of the product is not lost. Also when you reach your destination, place them D immediately in the refrigerator.