The Goat Meat is pink but lean (fat-free).
Freshness Goat Meat:
Firm meat and Rosy. Whether it’s a young or old animal, its flesh has an unpleasant taste (musk).
For this reason you must wash your meat very well with water at room temperature and dry with clean and dry cloth, then marinate at least 2 hours with liquor and condiments.
When you go to buy the product to the supermarket you should take into account,
- Observe that the refrigerator where the product is being exhibited is operating properly (which is cooling).
- Observe the expiration date of the product or its expiration, which is not covered, altered, or retreaded. Choose the product with date as far as Possible.
- Check the packaging, which is in optimal condition, not in a pinched, damaged or beaten position. Neither with broken or discarded labels.
- Check that the gasket is not inflated (blown), because this indicates that the product is already decomposing.
- Buy the product at the end of the market, so that the cold chain is not interrupted.
Do not leave a lot of time exposed to heat inside the car, or outside the freezer (because its lifespan is shortened), maximum 30 minutes not to interrupt “the cold chain” of Turkey, which prevents the proliferation of bacteria that cause disease.
If possible, it must be transported in a thermal bag and away from polluting products such as cleaners, automotive oils or petrol as it absorbs these smells.
Also when you arrive at your destination, place them immediately in the refrigerator.
Before you prepare it you have to remove as much fat as possible. The Shepherd is prepared (moored to a spit), roasted, baked, braiseded or stewed.
Meats must be purchased at the end of the market so that the “cold chain of the product” is not interrupted. Also when you reach your destination, place them D immediately in the refrigerator.
Storage Goat Meat:
Portioning and marinate, refrigerate and prepare maximum the next day. Or freeze portioning, for approximately 6 months.
Conservation Goat Meat:
6 months approx. 2 days approx.
Note: If the meat has been thawed, it should not be re-frozen.
It is essential to wash with soap and water, anything that has touched raw meat (hands, containers, tables, inns, trays, etc.) before and after handling, even if the raw meat of another kind of animal is to be continued.
Always wash everything after each process.