The Apple, (rosacea). It is the edible fruit of the apple tree. In Spain it is called “but”. There are different colors and textures depending on your class.
It is seen in its firm texture, shiny rind (shell), without bruises or soft or dark parts. The hardest apples (which do not yield to the touch), are the most juicy and better tasting.
When you go to buy the product in the supermarket, we recommend:
- Observe that the display site is clean and adequately refrigerated.
- Choose the products, preferably in this order: vegetables, fruits, eggs, cheeses and dairy in general, after the products of pantry, but before the meats, poultry, fish and shellfish.
- When it reaches its destination refrigerate, to lengthen its “useful life”.
Alone, like fruit, in fruit salads, compotes, juices and milkshakes. In sauces, feet, biscuits, cakes and pastries in general.
They can be placed in a fruit bowl or refrigerated in a plastic bag without closing it completely or in a fruit box.
-At room temperature, depending on the weather can last up to 6-8 days. -Refrigerated 10-15 days approximately or more. Its duration also depends on the freshness at the time of your purchase.
Cool. Temp. Environment. Duration: 10-15 days approx. 6-8 days approx.
- Do not place the fruit bowl where the sun’s rays get, because it shortens the duration or “shelf life” of the fruit.
- Never freeze them raw.
- Do not subject to cooking fruit for beverages as they lose their nutrients.
Nutrients and properties: (see nutrient content in fruits). Note: Periodically check the status of the product to be able to consume it in time.