Bass is a marine or salt water fish. It is found in the Gulf of Mexico (Atlantic) and in the Mediterranean Sea (Atlantic). Its meat is very appreciated, white and fine.
How do you know if the Bass is fresh.
When purchasing the Róbalo, the following must be taken into account:
- Smooth smell, fresh to the sea.
- The sour, stale or ammonia smell Indicates poor quality.
- Its consistency or texture must be firm.
- The Meat should not be like dough or slug.
- White color.
- It’s good to know that fish once Frozen loses firmness.
- If it is a complete piece, your eyes should be transparent, not cloudy because it indicates that it has lost freshness.
- BREAK IT if possible should be purchased when refrigerated or on ice Product storage temperature Fresh should be 0 to 4 degrees Celsius.
- For the frozen product it is less than 20 degrees Celsius or more.
- Do not buy FROZEN frozen
- When the package is open or broken.
- The RÓBALO must be purchased at the end of the market, so that the “cold chain” of the product is not interrupted and when it reaches its final destination, place it immediately in the refrigerator or refrigerator, whether it is freezing or refrigerating if It will consume maximum the next day (24 hours).
- When you buy RÓBALO to freeze it for several days, it is recommended to buy it frozen.
- Be aware of species information prohibited or endangered, times of “Red tide” or any type of contamination.
It is prepared whole, sliced, fillets, grilled or in sauces.
- Refrigerate the seasoned bass, if it will be consumed soon (24 hours).
- Avoid cross contamination during storage in the refrigerator.
- In other words, do not place bass raw without being well packed, next to cooked food or ready for consumption.
- The one that is going to freeze bass, pack in portions according to the number of diners (people who feed at home), in plastic bags so that only defrost what is going to be consumed in the day.
- Remember that bass when frozen loses its natural characteristics.
- Defrost with time inside the refrigerator (never at room temperature or under running water) on a container.
- If defrosting is needed quickly, place the part or package inside a tightly closed plastic bag, and it is inside a container with water at room temperature and inside the refrigerator.
- For about 10 minutes.
- Take into account the avoidance of “cross contamination”, that is, when storing a cooked steak, it should not be near a raw one.
4 months frozen. 1 day approximately refrigerated.
Once the fish is thawed, it should not be re-frozen, since the microorganisms have been activated and can become toxic to the body.
Fish or any other food should be handled with clean hands and utensils.