FETA, is a fresh cheese made from whole goat’s milk and pasteurized. of soft pasta and fat. White. Made in Argentina with similarity to feta cheese of Greek origin. In the market it is found in pieces with traditional lasts (rectangular or round), also in fractionated pieces and in glass jars of hexagonal form that contains the cheese in pieces in oil with spices. They are also made with cow or sheep’s milk in Greece, Denmark and Bulgaria.
FETA CHEESE Freshness:
When you go to buy the product to the supermarket you should take into account,
- Observe that the refrigerator where the product is being exhibited is operating properly (which is cooling).
- Observe the expiration date of the product or its expiration time, which is not covered, altered, or Retreaded.
- Choose the product with date as far as Possible.
- Check packaging, which is in optimal condition, not immersed, damaged or Beaten. Neither with broken or discarded labels.
- Check that the gasket is not inflated (blown), because this indicates that the product is already decomposing.
- Buy the product, at the end of the market, so that the “cold chain” is not interrupted.
It is used in salads, cold and chopped dishes (variety of snacks of various foods, which are served jointly).
FETA CHEESE Storage:
Refrigerated to temperature between 2-6 degrees centigrade in container with lid and with absorbent paper of kitchen under the cheese, so that it collects the moisture that it releases. Its duration also depends on the time it is on the expiration or expiration date of the product and the care taken in its manufacture and on the preservation of both the distributor and the consumer. Keep dairy products away from meat, fish, vegetables and fruits in the refrigerator to avoid “cross-contamination”. It must be remembered that the “useful life” time of the product depends on its freshness at the time of purchase and its subsequent storage and conservation.
8 days approx.
Nutrients and properties:
It must be remembered that the useful life of the product depends on the freshness at the time of its purchase and its subsequent storage and conservation. Periodically check the status of the product to be able to consume it in time.