Cream cheese is a fresh (unripened) Cheese of pasteurized cow’s milk. As its name implies, it is cream-white color, creamy-greasy texture, milky odor, soft taste with little salt.
When you go to buy the product to the supermarket you will have to consider.
- Observe that the refrigerator where the product is being exhibited is operating properly (which is cooling).
- Observe the expiration date of the product or its expiration time, which is not covered, altered, or Retreaded. Choose the product with date as far as Possible.
- Check packaging, which is in optimal condition, not immersed, damaged or Beaten. Neither with broken or discarded labels.
- Check that the gasket is not inflated (blown), because this indicates that the product is already decomposing.
- Buy the product, at the end of the market, so that the “cold chain” is not interrupted.
Alone, or accompanied by a sweet snack, like filling for baking or frying and in general confectionery.
Cream cheese either whole (block) or chopped, has to be refrigerated to 4 degrees centigrade (top of the fridge), in container with lid and in the tray for the cheeses of the refrigerator.
This cheese can be frozen because it is more fatty, portioning and in sealed plastic bag. To defrost, remove it with time from the freezer to the refrigerator.
Its refrigerated duration, 15-20 days approximately after uncovered and depending on the expiration or expiration date. Frozen, 2 months or more. It also depends on the time it is on the expiration or expiration date of the product and the care of its manufacture and the preservation of both the distributor and the consumer.
Keep dairy products away from meat, fish, vegetables and fruits in the refrigerator to avoid “cross-contamination”.
It must be remembered that the “useful life” time of the product depends on its freshness at the time of purchase and its subsequent storage and conservation.
Two months. 15-20 days.
The double cream cheese retains better its freshness in container is glass or wrapped in paraffined paper.
Frozen cheese should be placed in the refrigerator in time so that it thaws slowly.
It should be remembered that the useful life of the product depends on the freshness at the time of its purchase and its subsequent storage and conservation.
Periodically check the status of the product to be able to consume it in time.