Roquefort, is a blue cheese of sheep’s milk, from the surroundings of the city from whence it comes its name, Roquefort-sur-Soulzon (France). It is a matured (cured) cheese.
Its texture is firm and smooth and can be spread easily. Taste and smell, strong and intense.
When you go to buy the product to the supermarket you should take into account,
- Observe that the refrigerator where the product is being exhibited is operating properly (which is cooling).
- Observe the expiration date of the product or its expiration, which is not covered, altered, or retreaded. Choose the product with date as far as Possible.
- Check the packaging, which is in optimal condition, not in a pinched, damaged or beaten position. Neither with broken or discarded labels.
- Check that the gasket is not inflated (blown), because this indicates that the product is already decomposing.
- Buy the product at the end of the market, so that the cold chain is not interrupted.
Cold is served in small portions to taste better flavor and aroma or accompanied by small pieces of bread baguette, celery, watercress, grapes or pears. Its flavor can be softened by mixing it with cream cheese or butter (butter).
It is also used in dressings of some preparations, such as fillings for raisins (couches) or in sauces such as Roquefort, for meat.
Blue cheeses are conserved refrigerated at temperatures between 2-5 degrees Celsius. They are best preserved in their original wrapper and well covered.
They can also freeze, although it loses flavor.
The longer they keep, the stronger the flavor becomes. Keep dairy products away from meat, fish, vegetables and fruits in the refrigerator to avoid “cross-contamination”.
It must be remembered that the “useful life” of the product depends on its state at the time of purchase and its subsequent storage and maintenance.
Eight weeks. 4-6 weeks approx.
Remove from the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before serving, to better appreciate its organoleptic qualities (flavor, texture, aroma and color).
Nutrients and properties:
Keep well covered and refrigerated. Periodically check the status of the product to be able to consume it in time.