How to identify the MONTEREY JACK cheese
The MONTEREY JACK, is a mature cheese made from pasteurized cow’s milk.
It is produced in California (USA) is one of the few cheeses that can be called “American”.
It is said that his recipe was given by a monk in 1916 to David Jacks who was the first to prepare it.
It is a firm textured cheese, semi-soft (flexible), fatty (45%).
White color with some cream color.
Mild, slightly acidic taste.
Minimum maturation of 2 months and up to 10 months.
Its presentation is in block 2 kg. and 475 Gr.
When you go to buy the product to the supermarket you should take into account,
- Observe that the refrigerator where the product is being exhibited is operating properly (which is cooling).
- Observe the expiration date of the product or its expiration, which is not covered, altered, or retreaded. Choose the product with date as far as Possible.
- Check the packaging, which is in optimal condition, not in a pinched, damaged or beaten position. Neither with broken or discarded labels.
- Check that the gasket is not inflated (blown), because this indicates that the product is already decomposing.
- Buy the product at the end of the market, so that the cold chain is not interrupted.
It is used for salads, fast foods, gratins and pasta sauces.
Storage: Keep refrigerated in container with lid.
Refrigerated at a temperature of 4 degrees C. (Celsius or Celsius) and stored in the appropriate conditions, 6-8 weeks.
It must be remembered that the “useful life” of the product depends on its state at the time of its purchase and its subsequent storage and conservation.
6-8 weeks approx.
The cheese the less portioning is, lasts longer, because it has less surface exposed to the air.
Remove from the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before serving, because at room temperature, its organoleptic qualities are better appreciated (flavor, texture, aroma and color).
-If a piece of mature cheese develops mold, you must cut the piece with mold with half an inch (1.5 cm) more around, and eat the cheese as soon as possible.
Nutrients and properties:
Periodically check the status of the product to be able to consume it in time.