The POULARDE and THE CAPOn, are chickens barley (special treatment of fattening fast). Its meat is soft and tender for being young animals and good breed. They are castrated before the 6 months.
It is appreciated in the firmness of its flesh, pleasant odour. That its color is not greyish.
When you go to buy the product to the supermarket you should take into account,
- Observe that the refrigerator where the product is being exhibited is operating properly (which is cooling).
- Observe the expiration date of the product or its expiration, which is not covered, altered, or retreaded. Choose the product with date as far as Possible.
- Check the packaging, which is in optimal condition, not in a pinched, damaged or beaten position. Neither with broken or discarded labels.
- Check that the gasket is not inflated (blown), because this indicates that the product is already decomposing.
- Buy the product at the end of the market, so that the cold chain is not interrupted.
Do not leave a lot of time exposed to heat inside the car, or outside the freezer (because its lifespan is shortened), maximum 30 minutes not to interrupt “the cold chain” of Turkey, which prevents the proliferation of bacteria that cause disease.
If possible, it must be transported in a thermal bag and away from polluting products such as cleaners, automotive oils or petrol as it absorbs these smells.
Also when you arrive at your destination, place them immediately in the refrigerator.
They prepare roasts or galantine. They are used for large buffet dishes. Or as a strong dish (stuffed, in sauces), using several culinary techniques (roasts, stews, baking), among others, because you can use any method of cooking.
For hygiene, sanitation and to avoid contamination and possible intoxications, you should wash your hands and/or put on gloves before you begin to handle poultry meat.
If consumed within 24-36 hours:
- Remove the liquid that has been released into the package.
- Place in a lid container that prevents juices from falling on other foods and “cross-contamination” occurs.
- Refrigerate in the coldest place in the refrigerator.
- Otherwise, freeze on the bag for that purpose.
Freezing will be effective as long as no pathogenic agents are present.
Pack the air out of the bag as much as possible.
Use a large bag, which does not squeeze the contents into it.
Use plastic bags that can be sealed preferably if they are to be frozen for a long time. If it is for a short time (up to 3 weeks) wrapped in aluminum foil, with the opaque side facing inward.
Freeze at temperatures below 0 °c because the freeze keeps the microbes inactive by decreasing the movement of the molecules, preventing their growth and deterioration of meat and food in general.
To defrost, you must move from the freezer to the refrigerator, never at room temperature. When thawing meats, do not re-freeze.
6 months approx. 24-36 h approx.
NOTES: When cash them to manipulate and prepare:
- Take great care when handling raw poultry meat, because salmonella, a microorganism in it, is transmitted to other foods by contact with this meat or from used utensils and which have not been adequately washed. The same way you have to wash your hands very well.
- Wash all the ingredients to be added.
- Cook at suitable temperatures.
- Separate raw food from cooked foods.
- To find out if the cooking is perfect, carve the bird with a fork, if blood comes out complete the cooking because it is still raw and is detrimental to the health and the meat can be damaged.